Saturday 29 November 2014

Bali; go or not

Let's get straight to this. My nose is killing me and I'm high. No actually I am very sleepy because I still feel tired from my Bali vacay.

Bali; should go or should not go?

For those who loves unique cultures, do not mind seeing temples and people praying beside your hotel room and on sideways, who do not mind searching for halal food, who do not mind traffic jam, who loves beaches and surfing, Bali is your place.

For those who are very particular to get halal food, for those who do not like going to sight-seeing temples, for those who hate smells from joss sticks and incenses, for those who hate getting burn from sunlight and the heat, Bali is probably not a place for you.

I love the uniqueness that place offers to tourists. The people were okay, just like other locals. I tried kopi luwak, the taste is a bit different from other kinds of coffee I tried. It was okay.

Somehow in Bali, the hills are not as cool as in Bandung. I don't know why, maybe it's because of the developments around the island. Bali is a big island, from Kuta to Ubud, it takes more than two hours drive. But the traffic itself is bad. I think we wasted most of our time on road.

I did not get to go to Ubud town, and the famous Monkey Forest. I also didn't get the chance to watch Barong Dance because my companions decided the price is too high to watch it. We only went to watch Kecak Dance at Uluwatu.

Bali is a unique place. I know why orang putih likes to go to the island. It is cheap and it offers interesting local culture that has survived the millenium for thousands of years. It is amazing to see the locals, including their youngsters still holding on to the beliefs and committed towards it.

If you plan to go there, you can spend time in the early morning at the street nearby your hotel (or even in your hotel) to watch the locals go out and do their praying. They also do the praying in the evening when the sun goes down.

And Bali has many dogs. Yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment